Sunday, February 10, 2008


k8 says....

well, fashion week has ended and overall, i thought the mood was mixed - somber, thoughtful, safe and reminiscent. some of what I saw reminded me of past seasons(duh, fashion repeats itseld and this is bound to happen but usually more time has passed between). donna karan was a good example of this. one reporter was quoted as saying that "whenever donna doesn't know what to do, she just grabs a bolt of fabric and starts draping." this was a very accurate description of her fall 08 collection - and i loved it all the same. it felt truly beautiful and luxurious. the colors were what you would call "off-palette" but sometimes the weirder the better(just be sure to throw some navy blue or black in there and you'll be alright. of coarse i have to say a little something about ralph lauren. there were several definite themes and he managed to transition from leopard to buffalo checks brilliantly. i loved the hats(although it was obvious that him and carolina herrera were sold the same story), and I loved the coats. ralph does coats well and can layer anything with anything. marc was good too although i have to consistently go back and look becuase his collections need time to grow on me. enjoy the ralph pic - definitely what I want to be wearing right now.

xoxo

5 comments:

Tony Ritz said...

Damn that is one skeezy ho on that runway. And what is she wearing, "Cosby sweater-lumberjack chic?" Sheeeit.

Unknown said...

Hey Kate!!! I saw on dport that you were blogging about fashion so I shall be sure to check in often so I can get your expert opinion virtually! Maybe a comment on tartan and home made kilts?! Knus, Maiken {http://www.coffeeandadnaish.typepad.com}

swirlogirl said...

so k8 did you get to go to any fashion week events personally?

ker8383 said...

thanks for commenting everyone - It means a lot. Thanks for the encouragment!

ker8383 said...

unfortunately I did not get to go to any fashion shows, but everone's been talking about ralphs show constanstly so it feels like I was there(or at least that's what I keep telling myself so that I don't feel bad)